Baseball Skills Clinic #1 on Saturday, Jan 8, at Shoreline Athletic Fields
Happy New Year and welcome to 2022. Our first skills clinic for the 2022 Spring Baseball Season will focus exclusively on defensive skills – proper techniques for fielding ground balls and fly balls, defensive positioning, etc. Participants are requested to attend the skills-building session specific to their age-group. The sessions are conducterd by current and former MVLL coaches and alumni MVLL players.
Weather Outlook for Saturday, Jan 8, 2022, at Shoreline Athletic Fields
Partly cloudy in the AM, clearing in the afternoon. 49 deg F at 10 AM with winds of less than 5 mph.
LOCATION: Shoreline Athletic Fields (2450 Garcia Ave in Mountain View, near the Google Complex)
WHEN: Saturday, January 8, 2022. 10 AM to 2 PM
- 10 to 11 AM: 4 to 8 Year Olds
- 11:30 AM to 1 PM: 9 to 14 Year Olds
- 1 PM to 2 PM: Managers, Coaches, prospective Managers and Coaches, and Parents
PLAYER ELIGIBILITY: Boys and girls, 4 to 14 years old. Prospective players are very welcomed to participate
In order for the players to receive maximum benefit from the clinic, players should plan to arrive 5 to 10 minutes before their session begins. Players should have the following items for Clinic #1:
- Baseball glove (that can be easily opened and closed by the player)
- Baseball pants or sweat pants (no jeans or shorts, please)
- Protective cup for the guys
- Baseball cleats or athletic shoes (no sandals or open-toed shoes, please). Shoreline is an artificial turf field.
- Face covering (mandatory)
- Water (there are also water fountains on site)
As this clinic will focus on defense skills, bats and helmets are not necessary. Prior to arrival, be sure to label your player’s equipment/gear/clothing with their name.
1. If your player does not feel well OR if any immediate family members do not feel well, please do not attend. We have many clinics scheduled in January and February.
2. A face covering is required of all active participants on the field to include players, managers, and coaches. Those not actively participating can observe from locations off the field.
Please email any questions about the clinic to our league Training Directors, Chris Hyndman and Cris Barrett, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills Clinic #2 will be held on the following Saturday, January 15, 2022, also at Shoreline Athletic Fields.