News and Announcements
LAST IN-PERSON REGISTRATION AT SHORELINE ATHLETIC FIELDS ON FEB 18
Our last scheduled in-person registration event will be on Saturday, Feb 18 at Shoreline Athletic Fields. The registration table will be open from 10 to 11 AM. We will be available to answer questions and to accept payments. Reminder – Registration forms are submitted online. We no longer use paper forms.
- Last day to register for Farm and T-Ball is Saturday, February 18, 2023
- Registration for the Junior Division is open but a waitlist may be started at any time
- Registration for Majors and Minors is CLOSED
- DO NOT WAIT until the Feb 18 deadline to register for Farm and T-Ball. Later registrations have a lower priority. When teams are filled, we open wait lists. Registrations received after Feb 18 are automatically put on a wait list. Those placed on a wait list will be notified in an email.
- Questions about T-Ball can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about Farm can be directed to email@example.com
- Questions about Juniors can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Juniors Practice, Saturday, Feb 18, 1 PM, Shoreline Athletic Fields
The Juniors will be holding their last practice of the month on this Saturday, Feb 18 at Shoreline Athletic Fields. Practice is at 1 PM, after the 5-12 year-olds skills clinic. We will be on the North Field. Contact Division Director Tony Peeples at email@example.com with your questions about the Junior Division.
The Junior Division does not hold a separate tryout event. Players demonstrate their abilities and skills at practices.
MAJOR/MINOR PLAYER EVALUATIONS (TRYOUTS) SAT, JAN 28
Registration for Major and Minor Divisions is CLOSED
NOTE – We have added a 3rd tryout session. Major (11-12) is the morning session. Minor (8-10) are the 2 afternoon sessions.
The last Player Evaluations (aka Tryouts) for the Major and Minor Divisions will be held on Saturday, Jan 28 at Shoreline Athletic Fields. All baseball age 9 to 12 year-olds MUST attend one of the tryout sessions in order to be drafted onto a team for the Minor and Major Division. 8 year olds who want to play up to Minors must also attend a tryout, otherwise they will be placed on a Farm team. Note: 9 year olds who are choosing to play in Farm do not need to attend a tryout.
Schedule Flyer and About Player Evaluations. The “About …” PDF describes what to expect at tryouts, what to wear, what gear to bring, and the list of skills to be evaluated.
Age Groups for Tryouts on Saturday, Jan 28
|Baseball Ages||Start Time||Check-In Time|
|11, 12||10 AM||Arrive no later than 9:45 AM|
|8*, 9, 10 First letter of last name A-M||12 Noon||Arrive no later than 11 :45 PM|
|8*, 9, 10 First letter of last name N-Z||2 PM||Arrive no later than 1 :45 PM|
[*] Note – 8 year-olds attend if they want to play up to Minors
Please attend your assigned session according to the schedule above. Players not able to attend their tryout should attend one of the others.
- Players must arrive at least 15 minutes before their group’s start time for check-in and receive their Player Evaluation Number.
- We recommend players arrive earlier and use the time to warm up.
- Players who attended last week’s tryout can also attend this week’s
- Players who indicated their choice of Minor division on their registration form can choose to tryout for Major division. The deadline to make this choice is Saturday, Jan 28 at the last tryout or 2 PM if using email to notify us. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CANCELLED: Baseball Fundamental Skills Clinic #1, Saturday, Jan 7
SORRY, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER
We are scheduled to hold our first baseballs skills clinic on Saturday at Shoreline Athletic Fields. An email announcement will be sent Wednesday afternoon, containing the schedule of activities. There will be 2 sessions (note the change in times and age groupings):
- 10 to 11 AM, 4 to 8 YO. Throwing and defensive skills.
- 11:30 to 1 PM, 9 to 14 YO. Throwing and defensive skills.
8 year-olds wanting to play up to the Minor Division should attend the 9-12 YO session. Prospective players who have not yet signed up are welcome to attend.
The Junior Division does not have a separate session scheduled.
We are closely watching the Saturday weather forecasts. We anticipate being able to decide Thursday night if Saturday’s clinic can be held.
$25 Early Registration Discount Expires Dec 31
The last day to take advantage of the early registration discount is Dec 31 at midnight. Not only is there a $25 discount per player, there’s also a $10 sibling discount for the 2nd, 3rd, etc child registered. Information about Mountain View Little League Spring Baseball is on our webiste’s registration information page.