<b>FAQ - Logistics</b>
Posted by Eric Bickford on Nov 07 2011 at 04:00PM PST in MVLL Baseball 2019
- When does the season start? Finish? a. Majors and Minors teams are announced in early February; Pioneer and T-Ball teams are announced in late February. After teams are announced, the managers organize a practice schedule. Opening Day is in early March. The final games are in late May. Minor and Major playoffs finish in early June, followed by the Closing Ceremony. The league's championship teams in the Majors and Juniors divisions compete in single-game elimination tournaments against teams within District 44. The District 44 All-Stars Tournament runs from late June into July. All-Stars teams are selected by age groups starting at age 10. (A 9 year-olds team participates in Campbell Little League's Friendship Tournament.) The All-Stars Tournament is a two-game elimination series. Champion All-Stars teams go on to Section and Region. The 11-12 All-Stars teams compete for a spot that leads to the Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA.
- How often are games? When are they? How long do they last? a. These items are answered in the descriptions by division in the Frequently Asked Questions web page. T-Ball games last about an hour; other divisions play six innings or until darkness, usually about 90 minutes to two hours. Junior Division (13-14s) play 7 innings.
- When are practices? a. The number and duration of practices vary by division. Please read the descriptions by division for practice information. The time and duration of practices are at the discretion of the manager. Teams other than T-Ball have 2–3 practices per week before the season starts and normally hold a weekday practice after school during the season.
- Where are the games and practices? a. T-Ball games are at various local elementary schools, including Slater, Whisman, and Bubb. Pioneer games are played at Landels school. All Minors and Majors games are at either Monta Loma field or McKelvey field. When Majors have interlock games with teams from another league, games will also be played at the other league's fields. Junior Division practices are at Big McKelvey and Crittenden. Junior Division games are played against leagues within District 44 (cities include Sunnyvale, Los Altos, Cupertino, Santa Clara, and a portion of San Jose).
- What equipment/uniform is needed? a. The league provides bats, balls, bases, helmets, and catcher’s gear. The players should have their own glove and may bring their own bat (metal only and composite as approved by Little League International). The league provides caps and team uniform shirts. Team uniform shirts are returned at the end of the year. T-Ball players receive a tee to keep. Players in Pioneer Division and higher provide their own uniform pants, belt, and socks; plastic cleats; and protective cup. T-Ball team managers will provide information about uniform items. Junior Division players may use metal cleats.
- When will uniforms be issued? When will the schedule be available? a. The league will assign Minors and Majors players to teams after all registration and tryouts have been completed in early February. T-Ball and Pioneer players are notified in mid-February. Team managers contact players when the rosters are released and will schedule practices. The games schedule will be distributed shortly thereafter. Uniform items will be distributed before the first game.
- How can I help? a. The first step is to attend your child’s games and cheer positively for all players and teams. Do not criticize or boo any players, managers, or umpires. Set a good example for your children and others. b. We request that all parents volunteer at least three hours of time in addition to paying their fees. There are many different ways to volunteer, ranging from coaching or umpiring to working at an event or making phone calls. Please fill out a volunteer form to indicate your preference.
There are no comments for this announcement.