3. Parent's Commitment
Posted by Eric Bickford on Jan 17 2007 at 04:00PM PST in MVLL Baseball 2019
MVLL asks that every parent participate in the activities that bring success to our children and the league. Volunteer Forms are available in the Addendum to this handbook, on the MVLL web page at www.mvll.org, and by asking any League official. By contributing to the league, your children will benefit from your time together, you will have more input and understanding as to the League’s operations, and you will be contributing to a stronger Mountain View community. Please fill out and return the Volunteer Form to indicate your ability to fulfill one or more of the following functions.
- Manager (head coach): With help from other coaches, directs practices and games. Does not need to attend every game. Experience not required at T-Ball and Minors A level. Training is provided.
- Coach: Assists manager at practices and games. Does not need to attend every game. Experience not required. Training is provided.
- Team parent: Using phone or email, makes sure all parents on team are notified of games, practices, and other events. Organizes snack schedule, team party, etc.
- Scorekeeper: At Minors AA, AAA, Majors and Juniors games, keep a record of each play. Training is available. Can keep score while watching your child’s game.
- Umpire: Makes rulings on the field at Minors/Majors games. Flexible schedules available. Experience not required. Training is available. Ages 14 and up.
- Event help: Work at tryouts, Opening Day, Picture Day, Closing Day, and other special events. Help with setup, snack shack, check-in, handouts, or cleanup. No experience required. Work one event per season.
- Phone calls: Spend up to three hours making phone calls to assist with notifying parents, other volunteers, or recruiting sponsors. Can make calls from your home or office.
- Translation: Translate flyers and other printed material from English to Spanish, or assist Spanish-speaking parents with registration or other league activities.
- Construction: If you have special skills in construction, please let us know, as we are upgrading our facilities.
- Sponsor: Make a cash donation to MVLL. Your company can be listed on our web site or even have its name on a banner, team hat, or team uniform. Contact us for more details.
There are no comments for this announcement.