Baseball Skills Clinic on Saturday Feb 3
This Saturday’s weather is expected to cooperate and allow us to hold our second baseball skills clinic at Shoreline Athletic Fields. After completing the Majors and Minors Divisions Player Evaluations in January, we return to holding our free (no cost) skills clinics for baseball players ages 4 to 12. Player Sign-Ups for T-Ball, Rookie, and Farm Divisions are open through the middle of February or until teams are filled.
We will be working on defensive baseball skills on Saturday (subject to change before we send email announcements on Wed, Jan 31).
- 10 to 11 AM, 4 to 8 YO. Throwing and defensive skills.
- 11:30 to 1 PM, 9 to 12 YO. Throwing and defensive skills.
- WHERE: Shoreline Athletic Fields, 2450 Garcia Ave, MV, 94043
- WHEN: Saturday, February 3, 2024
- COST: FREE!
The Junior Division will continue holding practices at Shoreline. In February, the Juniors will move to Saturday morning practices starting at 11 AM and ending at 1 PM. Juniors have permits to use the South Field from 10 to 1 PM.
Saturday’s clinic will focus exclusively on defensive skills – proper techniques for fielding ground balls and fly balls, defensive positioning, etc. As is our standard for skills clinics, each age-group will engage in age- and skill-appropriate drills and will be instructed by current and former MVLL coaches and alumni MVLL players.
In order for the players to receive maximum benefit from the clinic, we ask your player arrive 5 minutes prior to the start of their session and be ready to have fun, equipped with the following:
• Baseball glove that can be closed easily by the player
• Baseball pants or sweat pants (no jeans or shorts, please)
• Baseball cap
• Protective cup for the boys
• Athletic shoes, baseball cleats (no metal cleats). No sandals or open-toed shoes, please. Shoreline is an all-weather artificial turf field.
• Waterproof outerwear or change of outerwear when done with the clinic in the event of light rain. Have a dry towel or 2 on hand.
• Water bottle or personal hydration gear. (No food is allowed on the field and dugouts. Water only. No sports drinks or sodas.)
If your player is not feeling well before or during the clinic, we ask your player self-withdraw from participating.
As this clinic will focus on defense only, bats are not necessary. Batting helmets will not be needed, however there will be a catching drill using tennis balls and some players may be more comfortable wearing a helmet if they are not experienced in catching fly falls.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ANY EQUIPMENT/GEAR/CLOTHING BROUGHT BY YOUR PLAYER IS LABELED CLEARLY WITH THEIR NAME. We will have a small number of gloves available for players to use during the clinic so don’t rush out and purchase a glove just to attend the clinic. We will also have helmets available to use during the tennis ball drill.
We will be closely watching the Saturday weather forecasts. No rain is forecast for Saturday’s baseball clinic and Jrs practice. (Updated 1/30/2024)
We will have a Registration Information Table available at 10 AM to answer questions about Spring Baseball. We will be available to examine new player documentation (proof of player’s birth date, residency address in Mountain View, or proof of attendance at a Mtn View school). Registration for Spring Baseball is done online at mvll.info. There are no paper forms to fill out. We can accept in-person payments in cash or check. Online payments are done at https://mvll.info/Registration_Payment.html