Baseball Skills Clinic on Saturday Feb 10 (Final Announcement)
Great news. The run of good Saturday weather returns for another weekend and we will be holding our free (no cost) skills clinics for baseball players ages 4 to 12.
We will be working on offensive (batting) and defensive baseball skills (fielding).
- 10 to 11 AM, 4 to 8 YO. Throwing and defensive skills. (T-Ball and Rookie. Plus Farm players needing review of basics)
- 11:30 to 1 PM, 9 to 12 YO. Throwing and defensive skills (Farm players who know their basics plus Majors and Minors)
- WHERE: Shoreline Athletic Fields, 2450 Garcia Ave, MV, 94043
- WHEN: Saturday, February 10, 2024
- COST: FREE!
The Junior Division will continue holding practices at Shoreline. In February, the Juniors hold practices Saturday morning practices starting at 11 AM and ending around 1 PM. Juniors have permits to use the South Field from 10 to 1 PM.
Saturday’s clinic will focus on defensive and offensive skills. As is our standard for skills clinics, each age-group will engage in age- and skill-appropriate drills and will be instructed by current and former MVLL coaches and alumni MVLL players.
In order for the players to receive maximum benefit from the clinic, we ask your player arrive 5 minutes prior to the start of their session and be ready to have fun, equipped with the following:
• Baseball glove that can be closed easily by the player
• Baseball pants or sweat pants (no jeans or shorts, please)
• Baseball cap
• Bat and batting helmet (both optional). We will have team bats and helmets available to use at the clinic.
• Protective cup for the boys
• Athletic shoes, baseball cleats (no metal cleats). No sandals or open-toed shoes, please. Shoreline is an all-weather artificial turf field.
• Water bottle or personal hydration gear. (No food is allowed on the field and dugouts. Water only. No sports drinks or sodas.)
If your player is not feeling well before or during the clinic, we ask your player self-withdraw from participating.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ANY EQUIPMENT/GEAR/CLOTHING BROUGHT BY YOUR PLAYER IS LABELED CLEARLY WITH THEIR NAME. We will have a small number of gloves available for players to use during the clinic so don’t rush out and purchase a glove just to attend the clinic. We will also have helmets available to use during the tennis ball drill.
We will have a Registration Information Table available at 10 AM to answer questions about Spring Baseball. We will be available to examine new player documentation (proof of player’s birth date, residency address in Mountain View, or proof of attendance at a Mtn View school). Registration for Spring Baseball is done online at mvll.info. There are no paper forms available to fill out. We can accept in-person payments in cash or check. Online payments are done at https://mvll.info/Registration_Payment.html