News and Announcements
Wednesday, 2/21/24 at 7pm
Vitual safety meeting for MVLL
We ask for at least one coach from each team to join the meeting
The meeting will cover player safety, heat illness signs and symptoms and our current COVID protocols. The meeting should last approximately 20-30 minutes tops. Please make every effort to have one or more of your coaches join the virtual meeting. I have provided the link again for your reference.
MVLL Safety Director
We have 2 coupons active for MVLL families. Click on links to see flyer/coupon. Must show coupon at time or purchase.
- Download Goetz Brothers MVLL Baseball Uniform Special Coupon
MVP Baseball Pant, Baseball Belt & TS Sock Combo $25 (reg $32). Take 20% off 1 Pair of Cleats. Expires 3/15/2024.
- Download DICK’S Sporting Goods 20% Off Weekend starts Friday, 2/23. Expires Sunday, 2/25
Registration for the 2024 Spring Season will be ending soon in all divisions …
- New Sign-Ups for T-Ball, Rookie and for Farm are being WAITLISTED.
- Sign-Ups for Juniors, Majors and Minors are CLOSED.
- Sign-Ups for T-Ball are temporarily WAITLISTED and will likely be assigned to a team when team rosters are announced on Friday. We will only roster T-Ball sign-ups that have completed payment.
All UNPAID Sign-Ups will be moved to division waitlists beginning on Friday, Feb 16. Starting Friday, those who have been waitlisted and PAID will become eligible to be rostered onto a team if a team’s capacity is still available on Sunday, Feb 18. Final commitment emails have been sent. We anticipate some players will be withdrawing by Sunday, Feb 18 to make room for those on waitlists.
We sincerely understand the disappointment in not being able to sign-up your child for Spring Baseball. Please be aware that baseball is a team sport and the league works with suppliers to ensure we have uniforms and equipment available at the start of the season. Consequently, we cannot accommodate every single player wanting to play in Mountain View – forming player waitlists allows us to make small adjustments. We strive to balance the number of players assigned to a team with the overall baseball experience. Too many players on a team and players don’t get enough playing time. Too few and we can’t start a game.
Down load our 2023-2024 Calendar of Events (Updated Feb 13)
Unpaid accounts can be settled online at https://mvll.info/Registration_Payment.html
Saturday’s weather forecast is not favorable for our baseball clinics. We are also cancelling this weekend’s Junior Division practice.
All UNPAID Sign-Ups will be moved to division waitlists on Friday, Feb 16. Those who have been waitlisted and PAID will become eligible to rostered onto a team if a team’s capacity is still available on Sunday, Feb 18.
Great news. The run of good Saturday weather returns for another weekend and we will be holding our free (no cost) skills clinics for baseball players ages 4 to 12.
We will be working on offensive (batting) and defensive baseball skills (fielding).
- 10 to 11 AM, 4 to 8 YO. Throwing and defensive skills. (T-Ball and Rookie. Plus Farm players needing review of basics)
- 11:30 to 1 PM, 9 to 12 YO. Throwing and defensive skills (Farm players who know their basics plus Majors and Minors)
- WHERE: Shoreline Athletic Fields, 2450 Garcia Ave, MV, 94043
- WHEN: Saturday, February 10, 2024
- COST: FREE!
The Junior Division will continue holding practices at Shoreline. In February, the Juniors hold practices Saturday morning practices starting at 11 AM and ending around 1 PM. Juniors have permits to use the South Field from 10 to 1 PM.
Saturday’s clinic will focus on defensive and offensive skills. As is our standard for skills clinics, each age-group will engage in age- and skill-appropriate drills and will be instructed by current and former MVLL coaches and alumni MVLL players.
In order for the players to receive maximum benefit from the clinic, we ask your player arrive 5 minutes prior to the start of their session and be ready to have fun, equipped with the following:
• Baseball glove that can be closed easily by the player
• Baseball pants or sweat pants (no jeans or shorts, please)
• Baseball cap
• Bat and batting helmet (both optional). We will have team bats and helmets available to use at the clinic.
• Protective cup for the boys
• Athletic shoes, baseball cleats (no metal cleats). No sandals or open-toed shoes, please. Shoreline is an all-weather artificial turf field.
• Water bottle or personal hydration gear. (No food is allowed on the field and dugouts. Water only. No sports drinks or sodas.)
If your player is not feeling well before or during the clinic, we ask your player self-withdraw from participating.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ANY EQUIPMENT/GEAR/CLOTHING BROUGHT BY YOUR PLAYER IS LABELED CLEARLY WITH THEIR NAME. We will have a small number of gloves available for players to use during the clinic so don’t rush out and purchase a glove just to attend the clinic. We will also have helmets available to use during the tennis ball drill.
We will have a Registration Information Table available at 10 AM to answer questions about Spring Baseball. We will be available to examine new player documentation (proof of player’s birth date, residency address in Mountain View, or proof of attendance at a Mtn View school). Registration for Spring Baseball is done online at mvll.info. There are no paper forms available to fill out. We can accept in-person payments in cash or check. Online payments are done at https://mvll.info/Registration_Payment.html