News and Announcements
The last day to take advantage of the early registration discount is Dec 31 at midnight. Not only is there a $25 discount per player, there’s also a $10 sibling discount for the 2nd, 3rd, etc child registered. Information about Mountain View Little League Spring Baseball is on our webiste’s registration information page.
Please confirm the bat is approved for use in Little League. Look for the USA Baseball logo:
We anticipate the number of Rookie and Farm teams we will form this spring would result in a better player experience if the 2 divisions were re-formed into a new Farm division. Many years ago, Little League Baseball started with 5 year-olds and each division was a 2-year grouping (T-Ball was 5, 6; Pioneer was 7, 8; Minor was 9, 10; Major was 11, 12; and Junior was 13, 14). When Little League allowed players to start at 4 years-old, we decided to add a division to achieve a better distribution of teams per division.
The revised 2023 divisions will use the following target age groupings:
|T-Ball||4, 5 , 6|
|Farm||6, 7, 8|
Over the course of the next few days, we’ll be updating the registration website along with the supporting web pages, tables, FAQs, etc. Things will be out of sync for a few days; please bear with us. Players who have been signed up thus far do not need to change their division selections. Adjustments will be few and decisions can be made in January.
Here are some example situations we have reviewed to help facilitate the transition:
- 6 year-olds who have played a year of T-Ball have the option of playing a second year of T-Ball or transition to Farm that will introduce player-pitched balls. To keep Farm games moving along, coaches will complete delivery of pitches to a batter as appropriate.
- 7 year-olds signed up for T-Ball will have the option of starting in Farm in order to develop batting and pitching skills.
- Farm division will no longer have player evaluations and instead will be placed on a team.
- 8 year-olds can try out for Minors. If they are not picked up in the Minor Draft, they will be placed in Farm.
- Likewise, 10 year-olds can try for for Majors. If they are not picked up in the Major Draft, they will be placed in the Minors Draft.
- 11 year-olds not picked up in the Major Draft, will be placed in the Minors Draft.
Please hold off sending questions until after December 25, when all the changes are in place.
Register your child for 2023 Spring Baseball with Mountain View Little League by December 31, 2022 to receive a $25 per player discount. We are accepting registrations for boys and girls, ages 4 to 14, in all divisions from T-Ball through Juniors. Registration forms can only be completed online using the online registration page. There are no paper registration forms this year. We request all payments be made using our PayPal payment page, however, cash and check/money order payments can be delivered in-person.
Use these tabs in the secondary menu to learn about registering for Spring Baseball and Spring Baseball FAQs.
Our next in-person registration event will be held on Saturday, January 7, 2023, at Shoreline Athletic Fields where we will be holding our Baseball Fundamentals Skills Clinic. Information about the clinic will be distributed in late-December. We recommend the registration form be completed before arriving at the event.
At the registration events, we can answer questions, verify documents (birth date, MV residency, school registration), and accept payments (such as cash or check).
- Players previously registered with Mtn View Little League do not need to have documents re-verified unless they have moved.
- New players to the league are required to show us:
- Proof of Birth Date (using a government-issued document such as a birth certificate or passport)
- Plus one of the following:
- residency in Mtn View (bill payment, rental agreement, bank statement, etc.) OR
- enrollment in a Mtn View school (school registration form, report card, etc.)
Please be aware the City of Mountain View does not have wifi at Shoreline Athletic Fields.
2023 In-Person Registration Dates
|Jan 7 (Sat)||10 AM to 1 PM||Shoreline Athletic Fields|
|Jan 21 (Sat)||10 AM to 12 Noon||Shoreline Athletic Fields|
|Jan 28 (Sat)||10 AM to 12 Noon||Shoreline Athletic Fields|
HOW DO I GET ADDED TO THE MVLL EMAIL LIST?
If you are not receiving emails from Mountain View Little League, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email, please list the age(s) of your budding baseball player(s). Opening Day will be the first Sunday in March.
MVLL is a “not-for-profit” youth sports organization. We are one of the larger Little Leagues in Santa Clara Valley. Founded in 1957, we have thrived with enthusiastic community members volunteering as coaches, umpires, team parents, board members, and the many others who gave hours, upon hours of rewarding, dedicated effort. Thanks to the community, we have maintained our commitment in keeping registration costs as low as possible to ensure families have accessibility to youth baseball. It is through generous sponsors that we are able to support players through scholarships and ensure that all Mountain View kids can play.
If you are a business owner, have an employer, or belong to an organization that would like to learn more about sponsoring Mountain View Little League, please contact our Sponsorship Director, Leah Elias-Nelson at email@example.com. We offer several levels of sponsorship ranging from annual to 3-year commitments described in the sponsorship form.